Monday, May 21, 2007

Blissful!

Truly, these last few days have been utterly blissful.

After a very hectic week of finalizing wedding details (every man and his dog wanted final payment and confirmation of every x, y & z at least 14 days before the wedding date, meaning last week was a finalization frenzy!) I have had a very relaxing and energizing few days.

Thursday evening was 42nd Street ~ I’ve seen it before, many years ago (featuring a pre-celeb Catherine Zeta Jones as a hoofer in the chorus, no less), and as an avid tap fan (and one-time hoofer myself) I LOVE it! This production wasn’t quite as polished as it could have been, it lacked a little “Kazaam!”, but there were some great routines in it and you just can’t help but be uplifted by the outstanding songs.

And then on Friday my wonderful, gorgeous, talented and adorable best friend / bridesmaid treated me to a spa day at Serenity Spa at Seaham Hall. Amazing. Words cannot do justice to the experience ~ a two hour body scrub, massage and facial (I drifted off and actually snored at one point!) followed by a delicious lunch of Thai tapas and a languid afternoon of stewing in the pool, steam rooms, Jacuzzi, hot-tub and sauna. The perfect antidote to bridal stress and strain. I swear I look five years younger now. There was some reluctant dragging of feet as we eventually forced ourselves to leave…..

Most of our time around the pool was spent deep in girl talk, but those moments that weren’t found me reading my way steadily through Lucy Diamond’s “Anyway you want me”. More on this later….

A few perfect days can do wonders for your spirit.

2 comments:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Thought I commented on this post last week, Kate - but maybe not... glad you had a good few days. I'm sure your wedding will be wonderful, and I look forward to reading about it here. And maybe even seeing some photos!

Unknown said...

The spa sounds bliss. Enjoy your wedding. Wishing you all the best :-)