Although I haven't "officially" announced it, most people have deciphered my shamelessly obvious hints and concluded, correctly, that I am pregnant. Eight weeks, to be exact, which I know is prior to the golden public deadline of twelve weeks, but I just couldn't help myself. We've told family and close friends, given that the impending festive season was going to make my sipping of a soda water look thoroughly "bah, humbug!" otherwise.
Today is going to be the longest day of my life. I've been awake since around 5 a.m., and I've been counting down the hours for the last two days. At 3p.m. I am booked for an early scan, as I experienced some bleeding earlier in the week ~ very light, and not accompanied by any pain (this is apparently a good sign, according to the 4000 websites I have pored over for the last few days) .
It has happened on three occassions now, and being a highly-strung worrying type I am beside myself.
I have convinced myself that I no longer "feel" pregnant ~ the sickness has subsided, the breast tenderness that would keep me awake half the night has disappeared ~ and so I am reconciled to the worst outcome. At least that way any good news will be a bonus.
Only four more hours, and I'll know if my little bean is still hanging on in there. This will either be the best or worst Christmas I've ever had.
Apologies for the lack of festive tone to this post, but I felt the need to get it all out there.
Update will follow as soon as is feasible.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Kate, I do hope everything's okay. Thinking of you and sending you best wishes x
Masses of luck and good wishes Kate. I hope everything is all right.
Thank you, Cally & Juliette ~ I'm thrilled to say that I'm back from my scan, and all is well! It's the best Christmas present I could ever have wished for. I don't think I've ever felt such relief in all of my life.
Thanks again for your kind wishes, it is much appreciated :-)
Post a Comment