Friday, June 27, 2008

Now here's a problem I wish I had!

Some writers, it seems, are too prolific......

The Perils of Productivity

2 comments:

CL Taylor said...

I agree! Although a book every 18 months ala Weldon doesn't sound too much of a rush, especially if you don't have to do any research and writing is your full time job.

I wrote novel #1 in just under 4 months last year whilst holding down a full time job and it damn near killed me! Of course it then took 8 months to do two sets of revisions (and it could end up being even more if I ever get a publisher!).

I've been writing novel #2 since the beginning of April and have only written 15,000 words in 3 months but at least I have a social life this time around!

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Academics often have to write a book a year or more, and contribute numerous articles to journals and single chapters to edited volumes as well. It's one area where being prolific is definitely a plus. I'm very glad I'm not an academic.