.....Oooh, she really really did. I promptly burst into tears as soon as I saw her, then had to recompose myself super-quickly as I was up first with my reading, which (phew!) I managed to do very very well (if I do say so myself!) and received many a compliment for it. I'm thinking of it as useful experience for when I am a famous author and have to do loads and loads of public appearances....
Also saw loads of friends that I haven't seen for YONKS! (ten years, in some cases), made some lovely new friends, and made a tit of myself on the dancefloor: I'd been drinking since early afternoon, and was convinced that I had some foxy moves. I, in fact, had no moves. Or balance. Or co-ordination......
Aw, ain't weddings brill?
In other news, I managed precisely nil writing over the weekend, as pre-wedding jitters put paid to that on saturday morning, and the DAY LONG hangover made Sunday a total write-off.
I will be good this week, though, promise!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well done on your reading. I'd have been pooing myself!! I haven't been to a wedding in AGES but was recently invited to the wedding reception of an old work colleague. Can't wait (so many people to catch up with, so much gossip to share, so much booze to drink and so many opportunities to make a tit of myself!)
I think weekends off sometimes is exactly what my writing needs. While you were recovering from the hangover I'm sure the subconcious was turning over plot ideas from the wedding that you may not remember yet :-)
Sounds perfect. And, like Liz, I'm sure there was material there. Make some notes before it all fades (if you haven't already).
Glad you had a great time!
Now .... been writing this week??
Post a Comment