Thursday, June 21, 2007

Buzzing!

A fantastic idea for a novel has just hit me! Actually its a theme that's been in the back of my mind for a long time, but never really had enough about it to expad into a full length piece. However I thought of two additional elements to add into the mix which will mesh together nicely and really beef it up.

I'm so excited I can't sit still ~ I've just bashed out the first paragraph and made a set of notes of basic content along with a "to do" list for plot and character development exercises, which I'll get onto tonight.

It's a relief, as the momentum for the DeadBeats novel has ebbed slightly ~ I am certainly still going to be working on it, but having been away from it for so long I'm not quite sure how or where to pick up, so hopefuly having this new book running alongside will help by taking the pressure off ~ maybe if I'm focussing on something else the DeadBeats will simmer away simmer way in my subconcsious until I've got something really tasty to go back to.

Loving having something to be excited about again, after the post-wedding slump :-)

2 comments:

CL Taylor said...

That's fantastic! Have a very vague idea for novel #2 (and I haven't even finished novel #1 yet!) but it's still very, very vague and I'm waiting for a burst of inspiration to hit me. Send some my way please!

Kate.Kingsley said...

Thanks Cally ~ now that I've got the ideas in place I am aiming for a word count as prolific as yours!