Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Progress continues apace

Things acheived yesterday:

A big in-road was made into the mountain of bags and boxes which are still, shamefully, cluttering up our spare bedroom since we moved TWO YEARS AGO!!
This resulted in two HUGES bags of rubbish and two HUGE bags of charity shop stuff, as well as a pile of vintage stuff from my younger days which I anticipate will make a mint on ebay ~ sadly I don't fit into any of it anymore, it's all stuff from when I was 15-19 ish (and at least a stone lighter), but it's very good 60's & 70's vintage. Sadly my days of retro dressing pre-dated the vintage boom of the last few years, as sported by Moss et al, and so I was regarded as something of a jumble sale odd-bod back then. But hey, pioneers are always misunderstood, aren't they? I'll be sorry to see it go, to be honest, those clothes represent such a wonderful time in my life, but my house isn't big enough to be a museum to the younger me. Time to move on.....

Also got quite a bit off writing done yesterday evening, and a bit more this morning too ~ all longhand, as the laptop is officially dead, but momentum is picking up gain.

So, all in all a very useful day.

Incidentally, found out today that a colleague of mine has run off with her next door neighbour. Now, if I put that in a story I'd be criticised for resorting to cliche. Stranger than fiction, eh....

3 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

Nothing like a cathartic clear out:-)
Trouble is, I get rid of clothes and then later spend ages looking for them, forgetting that they went to Oxfam years ago:-(

Oooh her next door neighbour! I love cliches:-)

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Clear-outs are great. So is writing. Well done!

Osama Ali Abdelhalim said...

hello friend
this is agreat post


29/12/5005 The history of massacre Eighty dead ,Dozens taken to jail Old men ,weman and childrens without gelt Just because they are refugees .Just because they are Black
reed more in my blog
thank u for ur support