No, that's not what they used to say about me at college ;-)
Ideas ~ ideas are flowing thick and fast at the moment, but sadly no ideas for plot development. Over the last few days I have been inundated with ideas for alternative projects: a children's book, several short stories, a few themes that I am keen to develop. I wonder if this is usual? I suppose its always the case that whatever you're in the middle of, everything else always seems ten times more fascinating.
I'm not going to get much in the way of words done until the latter half of the weekend as this has been a week of hectic scoial engagements: last night I even surreptiously scribbled down a few notes on a scrap of paper whilst at a birthday meal for a friend! A tad rude, maybe, but I have learned the hard way that telling myself "I will not forget this brilliant idea and wil write it up the minute I get home" is doomed to failure in 100% of instances.
Thursday, February 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have to write it too or I never remember.......the problem is if I am rushed and too criptic I still can't remember what the brilliant brain wave was!
Good luck on the writing late this weekend.
Hi Kate
I'm JJ. I'm in the very, very unbelievably early stages of writing a novel. I've wanted to do it for ever, but everytime I attempt it, my inner demon critic stops me. I'd love to just get writing fiction without that impediment.
It sounds as though you're getting on really well. Keep it up.
JJ
Good for people to know.
Post a Comment